THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
BAND AWARDS PROGRAM
2020 VIRTUAL CONCERT – ALL-ACCESS PASS
There are moments in class when rehearsal is recorded for students to listen and self-assess certain improvements that need to be made to enhance the quality of their performances. During the last week of regular classes, the following recordings were made in class. Though unrefined and unpolished, these gems are indeed precious to me. Little did we know they would represent our last times together.
In an effort to organize your classes better, I have moved each group’s daily activities to their ensemble’s page (ex. Blue Note, Blue Symphonic Winds, 8th Grade Concert Band and Beginning Concert Band). Please visit your ensemble page (located at the top) to find your E-Learning lessons, assignments and resources.
NOTES FROM CLASS ZOOM MEETING
- My office hours will be 10 AM-Noon daily. I will be actively checking emails during this time. If face to face help is needed, I will use zoom to assist students.
- Use the band website for assignments.
- Daily practice is expected. Will not always be recorded and submitted, though.
- Music theory website used for online lessons (video) and for quiz/assessment (after quiz, click dotted icon in Upper Right Corner>show progress report>sign with initials>copy/paste verification code and send via email)
- Sometimes, theory may be on a worksheet that should be annotated and submitted via email when completed (jazz band).
- It’s important the we control what we can (our personal/individual improvement) and let go of what we can’t (e-learning delivery for individualized lessons). Let’s come out of this as better individual musicians so that our ensembles are improved because of our personal commitment and effort.
Awards jackets and other awards
- Points for second semester (class membership) will be credited appropriately to students.
- Jackets will be ordered so that students that have earned them will receive them. I will contact seniors via email to find out preference for jacket or blanket.
- Other awards including senior awards will also be ordered.
- The awards banquet is postponed until further notice. We will await further instructions as to how best celebrate and honor our students and seniors/get them their awards.
- School is hopeful for a graduation ceremony at an undetermined date.
- Our involvement with that ceremony is undetermined at this time. The timeline given for planning the event is critical for rehearsals and performing. As information becomes more clear, I’ll make decisions with administration and then relay information to you.
CITSA and Blue Regiment STATEMENT
- It is with a heavy heart that I am informing you of the recent decision by the Central Indiana Track Show Association to cancel the 2020 summer season due to COVID-19. With the CITSA season being so close to the end of the school year, it is too risky at this time to prepare for a competitive season. Once we are given permission to begin again, we are excited to explore all options for providing our Blue Regiment family another season of excellence in the marching arts. We look forward to that day when we are able to get together and perform. Until then, stay safe and GO BIG BLUE!
Q & A time
Please reach out to me via email with any questions you may have if we are not able to answer them here.